Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy New Year!


.
Here we are, nearly halfway through January already - goodness me!

You could be forgiven for thinking it is still Spring around here, despite these hot days we've been having lately. My workroom is a riot of colour - fabric, ribbons, buttons and thread are threatening to take over - indeed, I think they already have.
.
I thought you might like a peek at what's in bloom. My apologies for the poor lighting in the photos, but with two young daughters around I have to seize whatever moment I can get these days! As always, you can click on the photos to see a larger version with more detail.



First up are the crochet flower clips that were so well received when they debuted at Mathilda's Market in November last year. These are so cheerful and bright, and the buttons add that extra dimension. I've only shown a select few here, but they are available in a wide range of colours.

Then there are the magnets. I introduced these because so many customers were lingering over my stock but lamenting the fact they didn't have anyone to buy hairclips for. But everyone needs good magnets, don't they? The magnets have been very popular, and have proven to be a very welcome addition to my range.


Don't let these ditsy daisies fool you, they might look dainty but the magnet is surprisingly strong. One of these can comfortably hold three A4 sheets of paper or three business cards.

.

The Crochet Flower range has the same size magnet as the Daisy range, but their larger flowers and bold bright colours mean they are definitely no shrinking violets! I'm still trying to decide which flowers they most resemble so I can give them a more creative name. They are just that tad gaudy and not at all pretentious. Petunias maybe?

.

Then there are the Covered Button Magnets. These have a very strong magnet indeed and you can really feel their pulling power. Just one of these is capable of holding up to 8 sheets of A4 paper. These are available in a wide range of fabrics and designs, and as with the hair clips there are frequent new additions - I just can't say no to fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment