Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A fork in the road


Do any other Gen Xers read the phrase 'a fork in the road' and immediately recall the scene in The Muppet Movie where Kermit directs Fozzie Bear to "Turn left at the fork in the road" and there is indeed a fork (and a huge one at that) stuck in the road?


Thanks to Muppet Wiki for the photo

No? Just me? Well, it obviously made an impression on me - I think The Muppet Movie might have been the first movie I saw at the cinema. It might have also contributed to my appreciation for the banjo but that's another story, I've embarrassed myself enough for today.

I've just returned from a trip to Sydney and while I didn't see any such forks in the road (more's the pity) I have been working on a new line for Flibbertigibbet which reminded me of this turn of phrase. It is quite a change from what I've produced so far for Flibbertigibbet, that's for sure.

I tend to get a bit too excited when I see things I can craft and think "I can do that!" and jump around from one project to another, often leaving many and varied UFOs (UnFinished Objects to those scratching their heads) in my wake. This particular project has been on the list for several years and I've been collecting various components during that time. Finally it is all coming together - hooray!

Intrigued yet? Sneak peeks to come, my camera is charging ...

In the meantime, Baby Boomers can reminisce about taking their children to the cinema, Gen X can jog their memory (you know it's in there somewhere ...) and Gen Y can be educated:


After this walk down memory lane, you'll probably find me humming The Rainbow Connection at Kids in the Shed at Old Bus Depot Market this Sunday. I hope I don't annoy Mama Goose too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment